10th Biennial Childhood Obesity Conference
July 15-18, 2019 in Anaheim, CA
Hosted by: California Department of Public Health, California Department of Education, UC ANR Nutrition Policy Institute, The California Endowment, and Kaiser Permanente
For more information: www.ChildhoodObesity2019.com
The Childhood Obesity Conference is the largest gathering of professionals on the topic of childhood obesity/overweight in the nation and is an essential venue for sharing strategies, developing partnerships, and coordinating efforts to address factors influencing obesity/overweight prevalence in children and adolescents. The theme of the 2019 conference is “Beyond Obesity: Tackling Root Causes,” inviting a deeper dive into the societal, structural, and economic factors that lead to health disparities and to work together towards creating equitable outcomes.
For example, here are several sessions that may be of interest:
- Partnering for Prevent Obesity in the Early Years through Policy, Systems and Environmental Changes
- Building Community Health through Meaningful Partnerships and Clinician Advocacy
- Moving Beyond Traditional Pediatric Obesity Models to Ensure Effectiveness and Sustainability
- Mental Health, Trauma and Resilience
- Communities Role in Childhood Obesity Prevention
CME credits will be available.